best oatmeal raisin cookies i've ever had or made

I've never been super into this kind of cookie, but I found a recipe I played with just slightly, and came up with some I can't resist now. One of my kids is likely to just pick the raisins out, so I over doubled the amount resulting in a very moist cookie.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

adapted from these

 
1/2 cup unsalted soft butter
1 cup brown sugar 
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon (I like A LOT of spice!)
2 tsp ground cardamom 
1 tsp grated nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 1/2 cups raisins

cream butter and sugar, add other wet ingredients. mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and then add with raisins. bake 350 for 12-14 minutes. I didn't cool the dough at all, I prefer a flat and gooey cookie any day to a cake one. I did freeze the excess dough and we have been cutting additional cookies to bake.



Comments