G is for GLITTER, secret gardens, and garageband

 

G is for glitter and all that is gold but I don't have photos of that.

This a back alley planted like a secret garden in our local nursery--g is for growing in the garden

When it's nice weather there's a guilt-complex that kicks in for me in Portland--I feel like I have to be outside because rain is just around the corner. It made it hard to be productive while I was in grad school because Long Beach is always sunny.  We found our neighbor's grapes--G is for grapes.

 
I was gluten free for a few years, and while I was, I developed this buckwheat crepe recipe that I still use even though I love gluten now!
 

Filled with a mix of goat cheese, lemon, and some sugar they are to die for! Conversely, the second G day we did a German Pancake, or Dutch Baby. I think I combined the New York Times recipe with the Food Wishes one. Anyways it comes out for me. My kids will never be able to understand my recipe book. Someday I'd love to publish one that's legible.


Helpers in the kitchen are wonderful. Sometimes I don't have the patience, but I wish I did. When I do I'm always glad I took the time. 

G is most definitely for garageband. I am a complete and utter novice at that, I did a youtube tutorial the night before, and have completely forgotten it all now.  My son loves playing his thrift store guitar and acting like a rocker, and we've accumulated quite a collection of musical instruments. Using the computer to record was really handy--and a microphone isn't even necessary to just record ambient sounds from the home to include with the prerecorded stock stuff supplied by the software. Worth a try.

Another book we read the first time around was Green Eggs and Ham of course, so I made pesto with eggs and some bacon

Glitter + glue
Gift paper
Gourmet
Gingerbread
Garbanzo beans
Garlic
Green beans
Grapes
Grapefruit
Granola
Grits
German pancake

Glowing Globe or sun in the Galaxy
Garbage day
good Gift for grandparents

Glow-in-the-dark
Game
Guitar
Guy
Going going gone
Green grass growing in the garden
Gong
The giving tree
Goodnight moon
Go dog go
The gruffalo
Giraffe
Goose
Ghost (Halloween)
Garden
Green
Grey
Grow
Ground
Garage band
Garageband
Graft
Goodie bag
Goofy
Glorious
Glamorous
Gorgeous
Gargle
Gargoyle
Grand
Galaxy
Game
Gastronomy
Gourmet
Gravity
Geek
Gemstone
Giant
Gentle
Gift
Glitter
Glory
Glow
God
Gold
Good






Comments