j is for jungle, jello, and justice

 

Jesus, John Lewis, Jam and Jelly, jazz. 

Matzo Ball soup. I found at the second round for many letters food was where I landed for ideas, I was also watching Nigella Bites, and she made what looked like some very comforting soup. So I went with the cook I could follow, and the dish I knew the kids would like.


Realizing how hard it is to teach someone to do jumping jacks (I recently saw another adult try to convey this, and getting your arms and legs to do what you know they should is harder than you'd think!)

Jam and jelly tasting, really you can't go wrong

J will forever be for Ella Jenkins. I came across this brilliant record at a garage sale and I've rarely spent my dollar on a better purchase. Also, Robert Johnson, and any jazz.

A ghost in the gelatine

I have fallen in love with using Belvoir Elderflower in my jello, and this one used orange juice as the base stripe. 

Striped jello is nice, giving it an unusual look and flavor. I use soda water instead of just tap to give a little interest.

And even though my children are young, I wanted to share some of the history they are living through, and how to love people. 

And give them some words to live by.

And then "we" painted a jungle, but really I did mostly...sometimes it's just a project they kinda watch


Stapled the leaves to a "vine"

And for a time they were at the entrance to their room

They even traveled with us to a residency at the coast, sharing about our preschool adventures


Justice

     Four types:

              Distributive (equal access to stuff)

              Procedural (fair treatment, rules)

              Retributive (punishing past acts)

              Restorative (healing, victims confront aggressors, hopefully resulting in understanding and prevention)  

              

Jam

Jelly

Jello

Jam tasting 


State of Jefferson 

Japan


Junking 

Jump rope 

Jumping jacks 


Jam band 

Jacket 

Jack rabbit 

Jake the alligator man 

Jack and the beanstalk 

Jurassic 

Jacks 

Jaunt 

Journey


Dance party with:

Jungle 

Jazz

Jamiroquai


Jewelry making, beading

Jingle 

Joy

Jubilant 

Juggle 

Juice

Jumbo

Jump

Jewish food (matzo ball soup) 

Beef jerky 

JalapeƱo 

Jerusalem artichoke 

Judaism 

Jingle bells 

Joker

Java 

Jicama 


Jumanji 

Jenga

Jack-o-lantern 

DIY jack in the box 

Jigsaw puzzle 

Jar jam band 

Jam Jar band










Comments