Y is for Yma Sumac and Yule logs

 

Y is for...

 

 
 
 



yule log made with meringue mushrooms from martha herself (I used a youtube video, which I guess has disappeared now)

 
the wild swans, with beautiful illustrations of spinning stinging nettles by Gordon Laite
 


yarn spinning (in all honesty this was a failure moment for me, realizing I was pushing myself too hard I ended up in tears making this...not a great teaching moment but a real mom moment I guess)

 

 yule season and you matter

The best overnight yeasted bread by Mark Bittman
 


 yellow nails

and sonic youth featuring jeff wall


Yma sumac

Year 

Yes

Yard

Yolk

Yogurt 

Yummy

Yak

Yellowjacket 

Yearn 

Yawn

Yule log

Yuletide 

Yoga 

Yoda

Yuck

for my yoke is easy and my burden light 

Yurt

Yesterday 

Yarn

Yellow

Yams


Listening to yma sumac while making a Yule log... splitting eggs into whites and yellow yolks to make meringue mushrooms. Yum! Looking at photos from a year ago. Doing cosmic yoga. Making yogurt with dad. 


Making bread dough with yeast for the next day 


Yellowthroated warbler 


https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/163344/play


Yukon gold potatoes—can use potato as a drop spindle 


Yarn making with a drop spindle then yarn painting


Yogi in Yellowstone picnic with a picnic basket in our new garden plot 


Comments