Quarantine projects

There's a lot of pressure to produce, make projects a plenty, prove your worth or something during this time of being home. It honestly doesn't feel too different from my normal mothering daily life, except for the obvious lack of travel.


I decided to take a great break from social media for a time as there were so many opportunities to feel awful about so many shortfalls but I did want to document some of our activities. I'm thankful to have preschool-aged children so the onus is not so much on specifically book learning, but life skills. So on project was just kind of learning how to hammer in a nail


While digging in the garden of course. I still haven't been successful at teaching young ones not to take the buds off of my precious new plants, but I'm trying to be patient





We also put together some homemade face paint. There's such a temptation to have Amazon prime deliver everything that pops into my mind, but it's more satisfying to make so many things, and the satisfaction is that much more immediate if materials are readily available


I let the kids paint my face, which I think was more enjoyable for us all instead of me really trying to make anything very meaningful on their faces. The novelty of being able to mess with mom's face was a hoot



I attempted an exquisite corpse drawing with my children, but I think their age and abilities somewhat impaired our attempt; nonetheless, I'm happy with the result


One project they both love is making cookies, and these were some that I loved making as a child too. I have another post with the recipe here


We had a newspaper collage morning one day when the Times arrived, which again didn't result in anything particularly notable, but I did cut out a bunch of animals we had found, and delighted in finding them used in creative ways later


Both kids love sitting and rifling through rocks, so on a walk recently we stopped purposely in a gravel road to build with some stray brick. The house owner noticed us in the road and the next time we passed the brick was placed more purposefully back in the yard. I thought it a shame she didn't see the exploratory fun I was trying to provide in a time so full of restrictions





And for the first day in forever I got dressed, and repurposed my underskirt from my wedding as an Easter dress


Comments