quarantine residency

I did a residency at the Sou'wester during the quarantine creating some kits and workshop videos for folks staying there. Now they can purchase and watch to entertain kiddos while staying on the coast, hopefully creating some fun memories of visits to new places, and discoveries of new experiences and natural objects.


I have especially enjoyed including my kids in these projects, as their creativity with the materials far surpasses what I could predict, or prescribe.


Thinking through families now having to come up with some extracurricular activities for kids at home (presently we are not only at home because of COVID, but also because our state is on fire. The air outside is the worst in the world), I really tried to make each kit affordable, and comprised of materials found in many homes already.


It was a nice excuse for me as a kid-at-heart to explore some exercises for pure pleasure--appreciation of the materials--rather than a grand end result






Comments